Entrefish project wants to increase the skills, in terms of innovation and sustainability of SMEs enterprises in the fish and aquaculture sectors improving both the skills of the people working in the sector and attracting new high skilled workers, developing and supporting the needed multidisciplinary approach to sustainability (environmental, biological, social, managerial, marketing issues) and a cross-sectors approach as well (fishery and aquaculture).
The project aims to provide concrete answers to two complementary challenges:
- Provide / expand skills of those working in the fisheries and aquaculture sector, for the development and relocation of the SMEs in which they operate
- Provide and give the possibility to the non-employed young people to experience professional skills, expandable in the fisheries and aquaculture sector.
The specific objectives of Entrefish are:
- Strengthen the entrepreneurial and managerial capacities in the fisheries and aquaculture sector, functional to the development of existing enterprises, to the creation of new companies or SME aggregations / networks;
- Provide non-employed young people, having skills in the economic-managerial and / or digital issues expertise, guidance activities, specialized skills and vocational experience (work-based learning / apprenticeship) expendable in the fisheries sector and of aquaculture;
- Share and capitalize, on a national and transnational level, contents, methods and results of the training-intervention, in order to disseminate the model and identify the most effective path for its sustainability (transferability, accreditation, other forms of funding, complementarities with other initiatives at Italian and European level).
Learning and action learning activities will be related to a sustainable approach in the key ambits of SMEs development: strategy, processing, marketing, fund raising, networking, health and safety, compulsory norms.
The key element of the approach will be the joint involvement of entrepreneurs-workers and young graduates and undergraduates needing to acquire knowledge and practical experience of what working in a SME in the fishery and aquaculture means.