ENTREFISH (ref. EASME/EMFF/2016/220.127.116.11./04/SI2.750011 – Entrepreneurship for new employment and new skills in fishery’s and aquaculture’s SMEs) is a project funded under the “Blue Careers” Call, launched by EASME, the Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises of the EU Commission, to promote employment and the development of the “Blue Economy”.
Entrefish supports the skills of entrepreneurs, workers, university students and young graduates to foster the sustainable growth of aquaculture and fishery enterprises, through an approach based on three factors:
- Multidisciplinarity, by integrating environmental, biological, health, economic-management and financial contents;
- inter-sectoral approach, by encouraging discussion and cooperation between companies operating in different fields: fisheries, aquaculture, processing and logistics;
- an intergenerational pact, by facilitating exchange and collaboration between entrepreneurs, experienced workers, young people and students.
Entrefish has three specific objectives:
- Strengthening the entrepreneurial and managerial capacity of fishery and aquaculture operators, for the development and diversification of existing activities, the emergence of innovative projects and new forms of cooperation
- Providing young graduates and undergraduates in economics or biology with knowledge and skills to help them find employment or develop their own activities in fisheries and aquaculture.
- Regional, national and EU level sharing of the project experience carried out in the two areas of Marseille and Lecce, in order to contribute to defining a model of intervention that can also be implemented in other territorial contexts.